BIRTHDAYS LEAD TO PONDERING
With each passing birthday, I grow ever so conscious of the lessons that are shaping me into the person I am. From the day I said “I DO” to each birth of my children, I grow. Spiritually and emotionally, my mind is shaped by the experiences God has given me.
After recently turning 27, I pondered what I have learned thus far in life. This led to a rather messy list on two pages, which I then tried to organize into “categories”. Those included things I’ve learned about God, marriage, parenting, time management and myself.
27 TIPS + LIFE LESSONS VIDEO
To make these thoughts more interesting, I recorded a video of me talking about what I’ve learned. It includes lots of arm movements and funny stories of the one time I wore puke on an airplane. However, if you prefer to quickly read it in list form you can scroll past the video below where you’ll find my 27 tips and life lessons.
27 TIPS + LIFE LESSONS LIST
- God is good all the time! ALL the time God is GOOD!
- In all that we do, we need to give God the glory!
- Priorities should be God 1st, Marriage 2nd, and kids 3rd.
- There is no happiness apart from God.
- Wisdom is far better than Gold. (Proverbs 16:16)
- My life is not my own, every minute belongs to God.
- The evidence of God is abundantly clear to those who seek it. (Jeremiah 29:13)
- Every soul is precious to God
- The only perfect person was Jesus. I will never be perfect in this life, but I can strive to be like him.
- My passion is inspiring women to embrace God’s calling. Finding their worth in who God says they are.
- Children are a reflection of ourselves in behavior and attitude.
- Having kids changes your life. Children are a blessing.
- If you give children everything they WANT, they won’t have everything they NEED.
- Always have a change of clothes for yourself and your kids….EVERYWHERE YOU GO.
- I always thought people “fall in love”, but now I know loving someone is a daily choice.
- Coffee is essential in adulthood. Something that I didn’t start drinking until last year.
- Birth and labor is beautiful and natural (non medicated) birth is satisfying and empowering.
- This one I didn’t write anything for in my video, but 18 shouldn’t be an age in which your child is “One their own”
- Time is limited, so it should be used wisely.
- TV is a time suck and if it must be watched, it’s best to watch something that educates you.
- Every failure is a lesson, of what just doesn’t work.
- Socia media is a time waster and is not a productive use of our time.
- DIY projects always take double the amount of time you estimate them to.
- Never commit to a bathroom stall, before you check the toilet paper roll.
- Sugar is more addictive than cocaine. There’s science behind it! I Quit sugar and flour and I lost 30 pounds.
- Blogging is NOT bragging, although some think it is. Blogging should: Educate, provoke, challenge and inspire.
- Birthdays are only 24 hours so seize the day and thank God you are one year older.
That is my list of 27 tips and life lessons that stood out to me in my 27 years of life. It is not all I know, but the things I felt were at the front of my mind. I would love to hear some life lessons that you have learned in the comments below.