I’m excited to share this simple broiled grapefruit recipe with you today. I recently bought grapefruit with the intention of juicing it and but left it sitting on my counter for far too long. Feeling sorry for it, and not wanting to let it waste any longer I searched for a way to use it. I stumbled across a recipe titled broiled grapefruit. It sounded interesting so I thought I would give it a try. Now I have ate grapefruit for breakfast before, but I had never tried broiled grapefruit.
Now I’ll agree this recipe did sound weird and different. However, when I saw one of the ingredients was brown sugar I said to myself “oh that’s gotta be good!” and how glad I am that I decided to try something new. Broiled grapefruit is everything you love about grapefruit…..but more comforting and warm. It is definitely one of those foods you should try at least once because you will never know if it will be something you’ll end up loving, like I did.
To make this you’ll first want to grab a grapefruit and get your cutting board and paring knife ready. Next, you will cut the grapefruit in half, not on the ends but through the middle so you see all the sections.
Now you want to cut around the flesh but not through the peel. Then you will cut through the sections of the grapefruit. This makes it easier to eat and less messy when you try to scoop it out.
Once you have cut through all the sections, you will sprinkle the brown sugar all over the top. This, of course, is my favorite part. Next, you put it in the oven on the top rack close to the heating element and broil it for about 3-4 minutes or until the sugar has caramelized.
After the sugar has caramelized on the top take it out and let it cool on the stovetop for just a few minutes. You’ll want to eat this while it is still warm so don’t let it sit too long. Now grab yourself a fork…or a spoon if that’s your thing and dig into this warm, sweet and tangy treat.
- 1 Grapefruit (Cut in half)
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar (1 Tbsp on each half)
- Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with foil.
- Cut grapefruit in half in the middle, then take a paring knife and cut around the fruit between the peel and cut the sections too (so its easier to eat with a spoon.)
- Then set grapefruit halves on the baking sheet and sprinkle brown sugar on the top of each half.
- Put them in the oven under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the brown sugar has caramelized.
- Take them out and let them cool down for at least 3 minutes before you devour them.
- Be sure to watch them carefully under the broiler, it will cook fast! Enjoy!
If You Enjoyed this Recipe As Much As I Did, Please Comment Below. I Would Love To Hear From You!
SIGN UP FOR MORE...
When you subscribe you get access to our entire RESOURCE LIBRARY! On top of the FREE downloads, and printables you'll receive bi-weekly updates.