Oh how I love casseroles! No seriously these dishes last my family for dinner and a few lunches after that. Don’t you just love left overs? Even if my kids don’t, I sure do!
This chicken casserole dish I am going to share with you is not only delicious! But it is fairly easy to throw together and is a definite crowd pleaser. I call that a win-win.
What I really love about this dish is how perfectly seasoned the meat is. My husband is a real stickler for a well seasoned dish. So after trying this recipe a few times I finally figured out a perfect balance of seasoning. I am sure you will enjoy this as much as my family did.
Here is a quick time lapse video of the ingredients for this dish coming together.
- 6 Chicken Thighs (cut into 1" cubes)
- 1 10.75 oz Can of Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 Sleeve of Crushed Ritz Crackers
- 1 1/2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Quinoa Cooked
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x13" casserole dish. Mix seasonings together (last seven ingredients). Cube and season chicken and cook in a skillet with a little oil over medium heat until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, cook the quinoa. When both chicken and quinoa are done cooking you will pour both into the casserole dish. Then add the can of soup, 1 cup of the cheese, broccoli and milk and mix everything together.
- Next add the remaining cheese and sprinkle the Ritz crackers over the top.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- *You can substitue Rice for the Quinoa.
- *You could also substitute cream or chicken for the cream of mushroom soup.