Oh how I love casseroles! No seriously these dishes last my family for dinner and a few lunches after that. Don’t you just love left overs? Even if my kids don’t, I sure do!
This chicken casserole dish I am going to share with you is not only delicious! But it is fairly easy to throw together and is a definite crowd pleaser. I call that a win-win.
What I really love about this dish is how perfectly seasoned the meat is. My husband is a real stickler for a well seasoned dish. So after trying this recipe a few times I finally figured out a perfect balance of seasoning. I am sure you will enjoy this as much as my family did.
Here is a quick time lapse video of the ingredients for this dish coming together.
- 6 Chicken Thighs (cut into 1" cubes)
- 1 10.75 oz Can of Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 Sleeve of Crushed Ritz Crackers
- 1 1/2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Quinoa Cooked
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x13" casserole dish. Mix seasonings together (last seven ingredients). Cube and season chicken and cook in a skillet with a little oil over medium heat until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, cook the quinoa. When both chicken and quinoa are done cooking you will pour both into the casserole dish. Then add the can of soup, 1 cup of the cheese, broccoli and milk and mix everything together.
- Next add the remaining cheese and sprinkle the Ritz crackers over the top.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- *You can substitue Rice for the Quinoa.
- *You could also substitute cream or chicken for the cream of mushroom soup.
Did you make this dish? If so I would love to hear what you think.
SIGN UP FOR MORE...
When you subscribe you get access to our entire RESOURCE LIBRARY! On top of the FREE downloads, and printables you'll receive bi-weekly updates.