These chocolate coconut protein cupcakes turned out super moist! One day I had no eggs or milk, but I did have a big bag of almost expired protein powder. I wanted to make some cupcakes and thought okay lets try and use what I have.
First I preheated the oven to 375 and greased a 12 capacity cupcake tin. Next I creamed sugar and butter together and then added the coconut milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl I added flour and cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mixed to combine. I then slowly added the dry mix to the wet and mixed until just combined.
I filled the cupcake tin and baked them in the oven for about 12 minutes. They came out light and fluffy and the cupcake dome was very tall! Each cupcake was very moist and my toddlers kept going back for more. I waited for mine to cool and then drizzled them with cream cheese frosting.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 and lightly oil a cupcake / muffin tin and set aside.
- Cream the sugars and butter together until combined.
- Slowly add coconut milk and vanilla to the sugar and butter and set aside.
- In a separate bowl add dry ingredients together and mix to combine.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients while you stir.
- Fill the cupcake tin with batter and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- You can easily switch the coconut milk for regular milk, and you can remove the protein powder and use a 1/4 cup of flour instead.
Did You Try Making These Chocolate Protein Cupcakes? If So What Did You Think?
SIGN UP FOR MORE...
When you subscribe you get access to our entire RESOURCE LIBRARY! On top of the FREE downloads, and printables you'll receive bi-weekly updates.