HOW TO MAKE FEMININE ABSTRACT ART
Have you seen those gorgeous feminine abstract paintings with the gold leaf yet? Ahhh I love those one-of-a kind paintings. The problem is they are very expensive. As part of my office makeover, I really wanted a nice piece of art for the craft room / office. The colors I choose for the color scheme were magenta, pink and gold. To keep my entire room makeover under $200 I decided to make my own feminine gold leaf abstract painting.
All You Need For This Project Is:
1. A canvas of any size. I got mine at Hobby Lobby for $10 (50% off)
2. Paint. I picked up some of the craft paint for .85 cents a bottle at Hobby Lobby.
3. Gold Leaf. I also got this at HL and it was about $6 for a huge packet.
4. Glue. This I had on hand. I used a common craft glue called “Tacky Glue”
The Steps I Took To Complete This Were:
- First I applied glue in strips, where I wanted the gold leaf to be.
- Next, I pressed the Gold Leaf against the glue right away and let it dry.
- After the gold leaf was completely dried onto the glue I mixed white paint + glue + water and brushed that on the areas I wanted to paint so it would blend well.
- I painted my little heart out, until I liked the look of it. Once it was dried I hung it up and praised God I didn’t spend a fortune by buying one online.
If you follow the steps in this post to create your own piece of feminine abstract art, we would love to see your project!
You can watch a video of me speed painting this piece, and explaining the process below.
WAIT! There's even MORE...
When you sign up for our newsletter you get access to our entire RESOURCE LIBRARY! On top of the FREE downloads, and printables you'll receive bi-weekly updates.