Ice cream is one of my guilty pleasures after my kids go to bed. I love everything about it, but the sugar content and the long list of ingredients in some of my favorite brands. So I tried to come up with a healthier alternative where I could still get my ice cream fix without the guilt.
If your looking for a healthier alternative to ice cream, you need to try this recipe. This simple recipe, calls for frozen bananas, nutella, peanut butter, milk and yogurt. You can add chocolate chips if you like also, but it already has an abundance of flavor without.
The consistency of the bananas after mixing in the food processor is almost identical to soft serve ice cream. If you want your ice cream a little more firm you just put the whole mixture into a bowl in the freezer and in 45 minutes it will firm up to where you can scoop it out.
I hope you will try this simple recipe. It is amazing and best of all, guilt free! To see how easy it is to whip this up, check out this time lapse video below.
- 4 Frozen Bananas (Cut In Chunks Before Freezing)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Nutella
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Freeze Bananas beforehand.
- Once frozen you can combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips if using.
- Eat immediately for a soft serve consistency. Or freeze in a covered bowl for 30-45 minutes to firm up so you can scoop it out.
- You can add in different ingredients to customize flavor.
If you tried this recipe I would love to hear what you think below:
SIGN UP FOR MORE...
When you subscribe you get access to our entire RESOURCE LIBRARY! On top of the FREE downloads, and printables you'll receive bi-weekly updates.