I love easy recipes that don’t involve much work, like this apple tart. It comes out crispy and delicious but not too sweet. All you need to make this is a pie crust, apples, honey, butter, cinnamon and some nutmeg! The amazing thing is you don’t need to make a glaze. The apples create one as they cook and the honey drizzled on top makes it a little indulgent. To make this apple tart I started by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
While the oven heats up start washing, peeling, and slicing your apples. I sliced mine about 1/4 inch thick. Try to cut them thin and uniform so they all cook evenly. After cutting the apple slices set them aside. Lightly spray a pie dish or oil and place the pie crust inside. Then layer the apples slightly on top of each other around the crust and middle in a circle.
Next flip the extra pie crust that is sticking out over onto the apples. I love the rustic look of the crusts raw edge. You could be more fancy but your just going to eat it anyway…right? Then sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over the top of the apple crust and add a couple pats of butter. Then drizzle honey over all of it and place it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm by itself or top it with ice cream!
- 2 Apples (Granny Smith or Honeycrisp)
- 1 Pie Crust (Store Bought or Homemade)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash, peel, and slice your apples.
- Lightly spray a pie dish and place the pie crust inside.
- Layer the apples slightly on top of each other in a circle.
- Flip the extra crust over onto the apples.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over the top.
- Add a couple pats of butter on the apples and drizzle honey over all of it.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm
Did you enjoy this apple tart recipe? Let me know in the comments!