I absolutely LOVE spinach quiche. The first time I had it was at a tea room my mother took me to. One of those fancy places where you pick out a vintage tea cup to use and you sit and eat little cookies and sip on delicious tea. It was the morning so my Mom ordered quiche for breakfast and I have been hooked ever since.
To make this quiche you’ll need Spinach, Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mushrooms, Garlic, Bell Pepper, Oregano, Basil, Feta Cheese, 1 Pie Crust, Milk, Eggs
I started by preheating my oven to 350. Then I washed my spinach and chopped my mushrooms and saved a few slices to adorn the top of the quiche. I also diced my bell pepper and garlic and set it aside.
Next I placed my pie crust in the pie dish and decorated the edges and I set that aside. I sectioned out how much feta I needed since mine came in a 8 oz block.
I heated a skillet on medium heat and added a little oil, the garlic, bell pepper and mushrooms and sauteed until the mushrooms cooked down a bit.
Then I moved all the mushrooms aside and placed the spinach in and continued to saute until the spinach was wilted. Next I added the oregano and basil and stirred to combine them and set the skillet aside to cool a bit (about 3 Min)
While the skillet cools I grabbed a bowl and mixed the eggs, Parmesan and milk and whisked to combine and set it aside. Next I took the skillet and spread the spinach and mushroom mixture into the pie crust and crumbled the feta cheese over the top.
Then I poured the bowl of the egg mixture on top of everything in the pie dish trying to cover everything evenly.
Then I sprinkled the remaining cheese on top of the egg mixture and placed those mushroom slices on top.
I popped it in the oven for 40 minutes at 350. After it finished baking and cooled I dug in….okay I didn’t wait until it cooled.
- 2 Bunches Of Fresh Spinach (2 Cups Cooked)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz of Mushrooms (Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Basil
- 4 oz Feta Cheese
- 1 Pie Crust
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 5 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place pie crust in pie dish decorate edges and set aside. Heat a skillet on med heat and add a little oil, garlic, bell pepper and mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms have shrunk, then add the spinach and continue to saute. After the spinach has wilted add the oregano and basil and stir to combine then set the skillet aside to cool a bit (about 3 Min)
- In a bowl add the eggs, parmesan and milk and whisk to combine and set aside. Now take the skillet and pour the spinach and mushroom mixture into the pie crust. Next your going to take the feta cheese and sprinkle it over the top of the spinach and mushroom mixture. Then pour the bowl of the egg mixture on top of everything in the pie dish trying to cover everything evenly.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes at 350.